Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day #5 + homemade toothpaste and a date

What I want to know is, what the heck is that white stuff on my jeans? Who knows. I thought I got it out before taking the picture, but I guess not. Surely it's from one of the boys. A hug on my leg from a little ice cream covered face, maybe? If I had a quarter for every time I got all ready for the day and then noticed something on my clothes, I'd be rich. I'd also be rich if I had a quarter for every time I told Jack not to wipe his boogers on the couch, but that's another story. Anyway, looks like these jeans are goin' in the wash.

Can I just say how much I love Saturdays? It's always such a nice break to have Kurt home. I feel like a little party starts every Friday when he gets home from work because we finally get to spend some time together after yet another crazy week. The boys adore him - and why wouldn't they? He is such a hands-on dad. For example, he hadn't even been home for 20 minutes on Friday before he was on the floor having an indoor picnic with Jack. I mean, c'mon, right?

Of course, it wasn't long before little brother wanted to join in :)

Anyway, our Saturday morning was spent at the children's museum downtown. We happened to be there when they were doing a little class on how to make your own toothpaste! Weird, I know, but it was kinda cute.

We came home just in time for the boys' naps and then sweet husband told me he had a date planned. He even made arrangements for babysitting and everything. I had no stinkin' idea! So after the little guys woke up, I pulled my hair back, threw on a scarf, and off we went into the sunset!...Or, at least to just get a bite to eat.

Oh man, I love this guy. He makes me laugh my guts out. I always feel so refreshed after we've spent some time together, just the two of us. It's good to reconnect sometimes, ya know? We talked about life, had some good laughs, and I even totally impressed him when I was able to tell him who is playing in the Superbowl tomorrow. (Okay, that might be a little lie. He actually told me who was playing, and then I was able to tell him the colors of the team's jersey's. I know, I'm so smart like that.)

After dinner we decided to be so exciting and adventurous and make our way over to the dollar store! I know, so romantic, right? You see, I'm in desperate need to potty train a certain little boy and I came up with the hopefully-brilliant idea of a "potty basket" where I'll have a bunch of little surprises wrapped up like presents in a basket that he can choose from. Each time he is successful he gets to open a little surprise! Hence, the dollar store. Wish me luck...any advice on potty training a very stubborn and rebellious 3 year old??...


9 comments:

BiblioMOMia said...

What a fun day. And what a perfect outfit to wear for it!

I hear you about the warm-fuzzies when you get to have your guy around. The Doc works 100-hour weeks, and so those evenings and mornings that we get to spend as a family are so precious. I walked over to the hospital so we could have lunch with him yesterday, and he and The Pup giggled so loudly for the entire meal that people just kept staring. The BEST.

Great earrings, too.

ladydazy said...

There is just something to say about black & white striped shirts. Luv them always!!

Ashley J said...

Aww, your little family is just adorable and kudos to your hubbie for planning a little surprise date!

Cydney said...

Saturday Husband dates are the BEST. Love.

I have a super stubborn little 2 year old that I recently potty-trained: what worked best for us was chocolate covered super berries from Trader Joe's (she got two every time she went) and doing nakey-nakey time at home. If she had a diaper on, she'd just use it! We just put her in underwear at home after she got the hang of pulling them down.

OH! And there is this awesome little product for when you're away from home that we use:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3132746

Good luck! :)

S and O said...

I love your outfit!
The blouse is great, and I didn't notice the white stuff on your jeans till you mentioned it :D
Xoxo
Sarah

Danett said...

We used a sticker chart. He would use the potty correctly and then get a sticker. Once the chart was full (about 12-16 stickers) he would get to go to the store and pick out a toy (an affordable toy). It worked to get him motivated. Now, I am trying to get the pull ups dry in the mornings! Wish me goodluck!

Janice said...

I potty trained four kids all in one day with just a few accidents along the way.

First, wait until they are at least three.

When they were younger, I would say things like, "You can't go potty in the toilet now, but when you turn three you can go!" Even if they expressed interest in doing it beforehand, I never did let them, saying, "Not until you are bigger." And they were practically begging me to use the toilet when I finally "let" them.

Do simple easy to have in your purse rewards like M and Ms or Swedish Fish. If they need to go away from home, you need to have the reward with you.

Don't plan on leaving the house for the first two days you start and have them sit down on it every hour.

And, don't try nighttime until they wake up dry themselves. Often their bladder's aren't ready until

K said...

Those indoor picnic pictures are darling! Your kids are way too cute.

I'm SO not looking forward to potty training... but def looking forward to not throwing away a million pounds of diapers every day!

And I totally feel you on the football stuff. I always have my husband quiz me by saying a city name and I can name the team. I feel pretty smart when I can name them all :)

Unknown said...

You are always so cute! Gavin was easy to potty train cause he was ready but one thing I do recommend is a potty watch that you get from harmons that they wear and you can set the timer to 30, 60, or 90 minutes and I set it for 30 minutes when he first start and a song went off every 30 minutes and that meant Gav had to go potty so he ended up running to the bathroom every time it went off. I still give Gavin treats every time he goes. Bribery really helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...