Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day #9 + ukrainian hat & spinach ice cream

When I first thought of this outfit in my head, I pictured it with a cute white peacoat like this one:
Unfortunately, I don't own a cute white peacoat. So I made due without.

I DO, however, own this lovely fur hat straight from Ukraine! My younger brother served his LDS mission there and brought it back for me when he came home. Isn't it awesome? I love it. Plus it keeps my head nice and toasty.

I went to Costco today with my mom and the boys. We walked around tasting samples the whole time. We tried everything from clam chowder to spinach ice cream (no joke). And guess what? The spinach ice cream was DANG. GOOD. Weird, I know. I wish so bad I would have taken a picture of the boys sitting side by side in the shopping cart. It warmed my heart and made me smile my face off. Oh well, here's one in the jogging stroller instead.


Good night.

16 comments:

Marlies said...

ummmm.....are you serious?? You made that fur hat look HOTT!! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

huh, spinach ice cream - who woulda thunk it?!?

I looove when my boys sit side by side in the costco cart! my four year old shovels samples in his brother's mouth, too, which is always hilarious.

I love the look esp. that awesome BELT!

Amy Jane said...

You look so beautiful!! And I love the belt, awesome!! The hat is pretty awesome too!

BiblioMOMia said...

So freakin' cute. I adore a fur hat in winter--I have fur earmuffs!

Leah said...

That hat is AMAZING! You make it look so great, especially in this lovely outfit! You're beautiful.

xo L

Ashley J said...

Cutest fur hat EVER, and I bet it keeps you nice and warm!

Cydney said...

I LOVE your hat. Seriously, love. Being imported from your brother makes it even better! Spinach ice cream, huh? I'm intrigued!

Dea said...

Such cute pictures and I love the backdrop!

Natalie said...

LOVE the hat! And those boots!

Simply Bubblelicious said...

You are working that fur hat! You make warm look good.

By the way... You've got two awards from me as I enjoy your blog. Congratulations! Check the awards and rules at:

http://wwwsimplybubblelicious.blogspot.com/

Tales of a young mamma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! Where do you live- it looks absolutely Beautiful there! Your family is too cute for words!

heidiluxe said...

i would never take that hat off my head. i love all these colors together. plus, the background is pretty neat.

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

You make that hat look good and I love the boots!

I imagine the day to day I experience at my house is familiar to so many other moms. Thank you for your kind thoughts. It's comforting to know there's others who can relate:)

The friend was Michelle Uhler. I would have credited her blog in some way, but it's private:)

Ordinary day's are pretty special and fairly fleeting. Always evolving with time.

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

P.S. I love the candid photography. It's gives your fashion posts life and feels vulnerable in a good way.

You are so beautiful.

Macy Dawn said...

Perhaps I should ship a sibling to Ukraine in hopes that they will find a hat as awesome at this to bring back to me....

Rebecca said...

your belt is awesome! great outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...