
Just the fact that I am actually sitting down to blog right now is literally a pure miracle.
Seriously.
December 2011 will forever go down in history as the most crazy and busy month of my life.
Hmmm....how about a list? I love lists.
Okay, here it goes:
1. Kurt got a new job.
2. Kurt's new job is in sunny California, hooray!
3. Kurt's new job in sunny California started on December 12th.
4. The boys and I will finally move out there and join him this weekend, but I have been a single mom of 2 crazy boys for almost 3 weeks now since he's been gone.
5. I am also 3 months pregnant.
6. I am sick sick sick sick sick....... (see #5 above)
7. The first week that Kurt was gone was finals week at school for me and I actually thought I might actually just pass out and die (okay maybe I'm being a little dramatic?...or maybe not...) But being alone with the boys , plus being sick and trying to study proved to be pretty difficult. Thank heavens for great family who helped me out and I somehow survived finishing out the semester, HOORAY!! Best. Feeling. In. The. World.
8. Kurt has been able to come home for the 2 weekends he's been gone, so we thankfully spent a lovely Christmas with him, before he had to catch a flight back to California. We miss him so much when he's gone and neither the boys or I could keep our hands off of him :)
9. This week, I have been packing packing packing like crazy, trying to get ready for the big move in a couple days. (Again...hard to do when you're sick but thank heavens for amazing family who are helping me out so much!!!!!!!!).
10. I am 15 credits shy of graduating with my bachelors. I'm going to work my little behind off to get them done online before baby #3 arrives in July.
Phew.
Here are a few pictures of our little Christmas weekend together. We had our own little Christmas morning with the boys at our apartment, then headed down to see some of Kurt's family and enjoy breakfast with them. Then we headed back home to get ready for church, where I played the piano for the ward choir for their Christmas program while Kurt chased the boys around the hall. After that we headed up for a delicious Christmas dinner with my family. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the wonderful family members - on both sides - that we were able to spend some time with.
(sorry your eyes are closed in the first one, honey.)







As these 3 weeks without the hubby are coming to a close, I am feeling very grateful. There are so many amazing mothers out there who have to do it alone (with more kids than just 2) and I truly admire them. Three weeks just about killed me, I can't imagine how they do it.
I have had so much help from family that I will forever be thankful for, but I am so happy that we're finally going to be together as a family again. As Jack has been saying every day, "It's really hard without daddy here." - and I couldn't agree more.
I am also just so grateful for how blessed Kurt and I are, and for this exciting new chapter in our life together. I am one pretty lucky girl. There are so many who are suffering, and I really can't help but feel so much gratitude to my Father in heaven for my blessed life.
12 comments:
WowzA!!
Congratulations girl!
Yea for the new adventures to come in California and Yahoo for another little angel!
So sorry you're sick. I totally relate. Good luck and stay well.
Yay!!! I'm so exciting you are adding another cute kid into your family!! Sorry to hear that you are sick though, so hard! I love all your pictures you are such a beautiful family!
Wow lots of changes in your lives! That is so exciting! I am jealous you will be moving to California. That will be so much fun! We are going in September so maybe we will have to come say hi depending on where you are living. I will miss you but excited for you and I am so happy you are pregnant! Yay!
Holy cow! I'm a little sad you're moving, but so excited that you're pregnant, but then sad again that you're sick! And jealous that you'll be so warm in California! Congrats on all the fun stuff going on for you guys and good luck! Love you!
Wow congrats on all the changes in your cute family! Where in California are you guys moving?
So how's it all going??
Wow! That is crazy. I don't know how you do it all. I am so excited for your new life in California!!! Are you going to be anywhere near Laura Clark (Who's baby is Brynlee...I don't know her married name) Congrats also on your little bub bub!
California!! are you close to me?? where are you moving to, northern or southern? And congrats on the new little one coming!
yea your prego, your moving to California!!!!! congrats hope everything goes well miss you!!!
Congratulations!
I am so happy for you guys! And I hope you start feeling better soon!
I always love reading your blog (but am guilty of not going it as I forget it is private and doesn't update on reader - I'm so lazy).
First off - thanks for the nice comment. We are so excited and I am glad we aren't the only one's who are crazy to go for a big surprise.
Second - Congrats to you! You guys should have like 20 kids because they are so cute and you are about the cutest little family.
Third - CA? Talk about an adventure but how fun!
Last - Congrats on finishing school - SO worth it and I don't know how you did it with kids (and without a husband at finals).
Good luck with it all!
(I guess I had a lot to say)
HOLY MOLY!! Talk about busy changes! And lots of congratulations to go around! SO exciting about baby #3, AND moving to California!
Hope all these new changes are going well so far, you deserve the best!
Post a Comment