Well...all of my I-don't-expect-this-baby-any-time-soon talk turned out to be a bunch of rubbish.
Less than 48 hours after my last post, I had a baby.
A baby GIRL!
It happened just the way I hoped it would. I really didn't want to be induced like I was with the boys, and I also didn't want a 4th of July baby.
Both prayers were answered when a contraction woke me up early in the morning on July 3rd.
And a little over 3 hours after I woke up...she was here.
It was SO unexpected to go into labor like that. And then she came out a girl! I was in shock. In fact, I think I'm still in shock...over a week later.
It was definitely the most painful and FAST birth so far. Luckily we made it to the hospital in enough time to get the epidural...THANK GOODNESS.
(That thing was a dream I tell you. A dream!)
It's crazy how much she looks like both her brothers did when they were newborns. Just a lot more petite and delicate :)
And she has been ridiculously easy so far. I actually feel guilty that she is so good.
And I just have to say, the boys are doing so great! I mean really, they couldn't be doing any better. Jack gave me a hug today and said, "Mom, Nora is just the greatest sister. Thanks for having her." And Sam loves to ask, "Where's baby NOWA??!!"




5 comments:
I just LOVE her already!! I can't even wait to hold her myself - less than a month until you are all here!! :)
She is adorable! You are all adorable! I am so happy that things went well! Congrats!
Oh my gosh I miss her and I haven't even seen her yet! I seriously cannot wait for you guys to come!!!!!
Three hours later?!?! Sheesh! I thought Draper was fast and I was in labor for 10 hours. I'm so excited that you got a girl! So much fun! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just like her momma! Congrats!
Nora Jane - oh my goodness. So precious! I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad the delivery went SO well and that she is an easy little babe thus far! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!
Post a Comment