Friday, January 11, 2013

evolution of a photo shoot. and happy new year!

This little photo shoot started out good, and then evolved into.....not so good.
But I mean REALLY.  How can I turn down those little boys' faces when they ask so sweetly if they can be in the picture with Nora.
Oh wait....I'm sorry....did I say ask so sweetly?
What I meant was, run into the room and shout and demand like a crazy person, "HEY MOM I WANNA BE IN THE PICTURE, TOO!!!!"

Nora just took it all in stride.  Just like she always does.
She is already so used to the loudness of the boys.  But she really doesn't seem to mind it much.  Their craziness actually makes her laugh really hard.  It is truly darling!
She and I will sit on the couch in the evenings and watch them wrestle with Kurt.  She is so completely entertained by it all.  She is truly smitten with her brothers.  All 14 pounds and 1 ouce of her are just SMITTEN with them, I tell you.  That may sound dumb, but it's true.  She knows their faces and lights up when they're around.
And I am not kidding, when they put their little faces right up next to hers and say in their very best baby-talk, Helllloooooooo Noooooorrraaaaa girrrll! You cute wittle chubba wubba!!! she smiles and gets so excited every time.  Every time.

On another note...Happy New Year!
I was tucking the boys into bed on new years eve.  I sang my usual few songs to them and then started to leave.  As I was closing their door and looking in at them lying there together in the dark, I stopped for just minute, overcome with sudden gratitude.  Thoughts abruptly entered my mind of all the new years eve parties going on around the world, and how happy I was that my sweet little boys were sound asleep at home in their room.  Safe and warm and under my protective watch.  I know they will grow up and someday won't want to stay home on new years eve and let me tuck them into bed and sing them songs and tickle their little faces.  But on this new years eve, that is what they wanted, and for that I was suddenly sooooo happy.
This little moment I had as I was standing in their doorway that night was unexpected, but it was the perfect little moment to have on the last night of the year.

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Love these photos! You can tell their personalities so well. I also love the outfit Nora is wearing. Who has such good taste, I wonder?

The pink quilt on the back of the chair is really cute! Where did you get that?

Steve W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Woodhead said...

So cute!! I love how you can tell that Nora is just cracking up at the boys! Can't wait to see you!

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

How I love those little faces--and their mommy, too! And of course daddy! I am filled with joy at the sight of you all. :-)

Steve W said...

You're the best mom. Your kids are lucky to have you. I am proud of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...