Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday, America ... and Nora :)

Four years ago - on the 4th of July - we brought our one day old baby Nora home from the hospital.  I did not care one bit about missing all the fireworks and festivities.  In fact, I hardly even remembered it was a holiday since I was so excited about bringing my new baby girl home.  Crazy to think how long it has been since that early summer morning in California when I met her for the first time, yet it feels like just yesterday!  I'm trying to figure out HOW in the world she's already FOUR.  Time needs to stoooooooooop moving so quickly.
Some favorites from Nora lately:

A few weeks ago she woke me up at 1:30 in the morning saying she was hungry.  In my groggy half asleep voice I said I would get her a snack, but she wasn't happy with he choices I gave her.  Granola bar....nope....milk....nope....banana....nope.  "Pizza, mom!  I want the pizza we had for dinner."  HA!  So the two of us went to the kitchen and enjoyed left over pizza together in the dark at 1:30 a.m.  I can't turn down that little face or that little voice....or maybe I just can't turn down pizza.

***

One afternoon I heard her pounding her fists and shouting out in anger after fighting with big brother, "Jack better get a Savior Consequence!!" (translation: severe consequence, LOL!)

***

Her friend was at our house playing.  When Kurt walked in the room she immediately introduced him very matter-of-factly.  "Dis is my dad.  His fawts are yucky." 
(translation: this is my dad.  his farts are yucky.  HA!  Kurt and I looked at each other just hoping - hoping so hard! - that she really did not just say that.  But she did.  Ohhhhhhh she did.)

***

Me:  "Nora I have so much love for you the love is coming out my eyeballs!"  We were being silly but then she stopped and got serious and said, "Mom, love is NOT in your eyeballs, it is in your heart."

***

Nora, like I tell you everyday, you are my Best Girlfriend and you will be forever.  I look at you in amazement and feel so lucky that I have you in this house full of boys.  It's you and me, girl.  I love you, I love you, I love you.  Happy Birthday, babe.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I love what she says all the time. Such a fun personality!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...